My 10-Step Money Date Checklist | Systems and Workflow Magic Podcast Feature
As business owners, we all know how important it is to stay on top of our finances. But without a monthly money date checklist to follow, it’s easy for things to slip through the cracks.
In this episode of the Systems and Workflow Magic podcast, I joined host (and former student of mine!) Dolly Delong to share my step-by-step monthly money date workflow. Grab a notebook because you’re going to want to write this down!
Aside from my monthly money checklist, you’ll also learn how to create an annual spending plan, manage late payments, and most importantly, how to pay yourself consistently.
Press play for the full interview or browse the highlights below!
“Awareness is the key to change.”
– Shanna Skidmore
- How The Blueprint Model came to be (5:20)
- What a money date is and why you need to schedule one ASAP (11:01)
- My 10-step monthly finance workflow (14:33)
- Why you should categorize your income streams (17:45)
- How to reconcile your income and expenses at the end of each month (19:15)
- How a client tracking document can help you manage high and low seasons (23:30)
- What to do when a client doesn’t pay their invoice (25:46)
- How to create an annual money plan for your business so you can start paying yourself consistently (30:06)
- The hard truth about “spending money to make money” (35:12)
- How my student paid off $30,000 of debt in nine months by making one small change (36:10)
- The importance of accountability on your financial journey (47:11)