Gosh, I cannot believe that eleven years ago we were driving away from our reception headed to Asheville NC to kick off our honeymoon at Grove Park Inn. Somedays it feels like yesterday, and others it feels like a lifetime ago. You were my best friend on that day, and our love and friendship grows deeper and stronger every single year.
11 of my favorite things from this past year.
- Well, first and foremost OF COURSE is having our darling baby girl Madelyn! After 10 years just the two of us (and Sadie!), I love our little side kick.
- Moving home to Tennessee! After our 2.5 year adventure in Duluth it’s nice to be back with friends and family and the familiar sights, sounds and smells of Tennessee!
- While it was a bummer to cancel our 10 year anniversary trip to Italy because of Covid, I loved our trip to Colorado Springs!
- I LOVE getting to work together, and after 7+ years I am so glad we made it *official* and you joined Skidmore Consulting full time!
- Watching you become a dad. You are so good at loving your girls. You are patient, and selfless, and make us laugh even when we are all sleep deprived.
- Finishing that dang Minnesota house renovation. Your craftsmanship is exquisite and I’m always amazed by what you can do.
- Getting stuck in a snowstorm driving home to Tennessee for the Holidays. Life with you is always an adventure.
- Our baby shower in Tennessee was so special.
- Soaking up our last days in Minnesota. Watching the sun rise and set over Lake Superior and sharing those special moments with Madelyn.
- Buying our home in Tennessee. I’m excited to move into our new home together as a family with Madelyn in Tennessee (just 3 more days!)
- Everyday moments with you and Madelyn are my favorite. I love sharing all the tiny little things; watching Madelyn smile when she hears wind chimes or how she shivers when she tastes a new food she likes. It’s getting to share every moment with you that means the most.
Happy Anniversary, love. I love you to the moon and back. 🧡
Photos by Jake Anderson Photography for our 10 year Anniversary last October.