While this month may not look revolutionary on paper, it was a month I dare so I will look back on in years to come as a 30-day period that changed the direction of our lives. Here’s the thing about plans, they change! Kyle and I have some big news to share with you this month that didn’t show up in my annual plan and could even be called a wrench in the plan → Keep Reading.
If you read my January Review Post you may have caught the little teaser I mentioned in paragraph three.
“Over these past few weeks we’ve been welcoming in our new students while simultaneously welcoming in an unexpected twist in plans (more on that to follow). January taught me that sometimes even the best plans get side-tracked, they get interrupted, they get changed.”
So here’s the news! ??
We are moving … to Minnesota!
That’s right! This born-and-raised Southerner, bring on the humid, summer-lovin, sunshine soakin girl is moving to basically Antartica. I tease, but really. It’s such a long story so I’ll keep it brief. Kyle got a job offer he couldn’t resist. We are so very thankful for this new opportunity and while I’m so proud of this hunk of a dude there have been more than a few tears shed. This has all happened very quickly (in the matter of weeks in fact) and just like that the month of February looked nothing like I thought it would.
As I share the progress on my February goals below I want you to think of the plans that have both come together and those that have completely fallen apart for you. Here’s what I’ve learned about goal-setting and intentional living—getting to the finish line is never as straight a line as we hoped. But when you keep your eyes fixed on what matters most, somehow you always end up exactly where you were meant to be.
So yea .. most of my February goals didn’t happen and a lot of things I never expected did happen. And though it may look like I’m completely off track to see those 9 big outcomes come together this year, I feel like I’m on track like never before.
Intentional living begins with purposeful planning.
Where do you want to go? Are your eyes still fixed on the end goal, even if the road has thrown some curveballs your way?
February Progress :
- Continue building morning & evening routine habit | Yes! Even though this month has been full of uncertainty and unknowns, it’s nice to control the things you can control. For me that’s getting up, having some quiet time and breakfast, getting to the gym, and then winding down with a good book before my head hits the pillow at night.
- Consistently exercising four days a week | Yes! I worked out with my trainer 3xs a week and added in 2xs of spin class! Saying goodbye to my trainer last week was definitely hard but I’m so thankful for the habits I’ve been building and will keep that going during and after our move.
- Meal-Planning even during a busy season | No! Yea, I didn’t do any meal planning this month. More like fly by the seat of your pants eating. Thank goodness for husbands that cook dinner while you’re simultaneously trying to work and pack your entire home.
- Write, Record & schedule all Q1 & Q2 content | Made Progress! I talked with my team and we worked it out for me to take off most of the month of March to focus on getting moved and settled in a new state / part of the country! Phew! Thank goodness for some amazing women here to keep things running on the business side. I have everything scheduled through March to make that happen. We also pushed back some of our launches (see below) to decrease my workload leading up to the move.
- Prep Blueprint at Home relaunch | No! We decided to push this back and not open doors for Blueprint at Home this month. We plan on opening up this personal finance course again in April or May. Jump on the waitlist if you’re interested!
- Finish personal tax prep & send to CPA | Yes! Phew! This one is a huge weight to get taken care of early. I’m thankful to not find myself digging through boxes trying to get tax ready.
- Blueprint Summit plans well underway in preparation for April ticket sells | Made Progress! Sadly our venue for Summit fell through in February so we went back to square one on this one. But I’ve added to my March goals to continue making calls and get the essential information : location, dates, speakers well underway even while on the move!
- Sell out 2018 My Blueprint Year planners | Yes! It’s been so so exciting to see this new product out in the world.
Memories Made :
- Visit best friend
- Say goodbyes to Chattanooga friends
- Say goodbyes to family
- Visit MN & house hunting
February Features :
March Goals :
- Book flights for summer travel & speaking events
- Close, transfer and/or open new accounts once we get moved.
- Redesign / Prep My Blueprint Year 2020 (Team to complete)
- Prep Blueprint at Home launch for April (Team to complete)
- Secure location, dates, & speakers for Summit 2019
- Spring Cleaning Class Sale (scheduled & ready)
- Close on Chattanooga House
- Update Payroll, Licensing, Business Accounts after move
Create Memories March :
- Celebrate Kyle’s first day at his new job. Make him feel special and loved.
- Decorate for Spring
LEARN MY EXACT STEP-BY-STEP ANNUAL PLANNING PROCESS : MEET MY BLUEPRINT YEAR
How are you planning to finish the first quarter strong in March? Share in the comments below and I’ll pick one of you to send a special surprise box of goodies from past live events! Snail mail is my favorite! And so is staying accountable to our goals!
LOVED this post, Shanna! Congrats on the big news! I’m sure things are going to be an adjustment, but I have no doubt that you’re about to rock Minnesota’s world!
I actually did complete a really big goal this year, and early! One of my top goals for the year was to apply and get into a graduate program, and honestly, I cannot even believe I’m writing this in mid-March, but I did it! I crushed it and got into my dream school + program! I have about 5.5 months until classes begin, and I am so relieved/anxious/excited/eager/stoked/overwhelmed for this huge life change (I’m sure you know the feeling)!
Thanks for sharing this post; I loved how you laid it all out; it definitely inspires me and motivates me to do the same!
I want to wish you well on the move and getting settled in! <3
YAY!!! Oh thank you so much for sharing Bethanne. I am so happy to hear you already accomplished and crushed such a big goal! Isn’t it amazing to see these dreams we set for ourselves come to life. I can absolutely relate to you on all the feels, but know that you’re right where you’re meant to be. Cheering you on! And thank you for your kind words. I can use all the encouragement as we settle in the next few weeks and months! xo
3 things! 1) Born and raised in this cold..and I’m still not used to it and will never enjoy driving in snow ?. 2) you’ll LOVE and appreciate the change of seasons so much..something I didn’t realize until I moved back home from NC. ♥️ 3) You’ll experience some of the kindest strangers (random waves while driving, holding doors, simple smiles and “hello’s” while grocery shopping), something I missed when living in the South. Especially right around Spring, every single person is so happy when the weather changes ☺️
You are such a gem, Angela! Yes, yes, and YES to all three of those! 1) I feel like I’ll never get use to the snow or all the ice. 2) The change of seasons are honestly what I’m looking the most forward too. 3) I already have met the sweetest most kind strangers. I can’t get over the longer “ooooo’s”, “you guys”, and “you betcha’s” and literally smile every single time! This is for sure a change of season for me, but I’m learning to embrace it and am so so encouraged by the love, kindness and support we’ve received. xo
Wow Shanna! This has been one heck of a month for you and Kyle. Congratulations on all the goodness coming your way, on tackling what has come your way like a champ, and for the grace you’ve given yourselves in this moment. And thank you for sharing the realness with us.
This month I am FINALLY going to launch my website (which I built myself!) and blog. Good lord, it has taken me far too long to get here but finally, here I am. I also plan to write and schedule all IG and blog post content for the next 30 days and complete work on 2 ongoing design projects.
On a personal note, I am committing to yoga and core exercise work 4 x week. Like you, I still have to be mindful of my morning and evening routines, though they are becoming more of the norm for me day by day. We also want to get pregnant this year, so I will schedule all my check-ups and screenings this month.
Given that spring is on the horizon, I am itching to get in the garden. And to plan some al fresco dinners.
Well, that’s all for now. Travel safely. And all good things your way.
Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! And for being so vulnerable and sharing all that you’ve got planned for March! It sounds like you have a lot going on too, but I truly believe that when you have a plan you’re able to live with intention. Excited to hear all you’ve got ahead of you! YAY for exercise and babies! xo
Thank you for your transparency! Over the years I’ve learned to embrace the unexpected things life throws at me and adjust my goals as nessessary as well. It’s refreshing to see someone sharing about the reality of that happening and demonstrating how to handle it.
As far as finishing Q1, I had a baby in January and set one goal, find a “new normal” for my daily routine. I’ve been taking baby steps towards that goal and by the end of the month I want to feel confident about setting a few more goals for Q2.
Best wishes for your move!
AMEN! Life can throw the unexpected but it’s how we adjust! Congrats on your new addition to the family that is so exciting! I can only imagine how that changes your “new normal”. Cheering you on as you adjust to your new routine. There is nothing wrong with baby steps! (Literally those baby steps will happen in no time!) xo
Shanna! This move news is one for the books! Will Summit move north?! I know a few people who would be thrilled! Will Jenna be your neighbor? So many questions, and I’m so excited for you ???
One for the books for sure! January was such a good reminder that sometimes even the best plans get side-tracked! As for Summit stay tuned for details!! xo
My professional goal is to launch my first online course! It teaches creative entrepreneurs how to build a brand strategy. My personal goals are dedicated prayer time everyday and exercising 3x a week. My financial goal is to stick to my budget (I’m such an impulse shopper) and to hit my course launch sales goal.
Christa these are truly incredible goals. I can just hear how passionate you are about them and how important they are to you! Cheering you on as you prep to launch your online course and praying for you in this season! And girl as for that budget, let me know how I can help serve you with content that will give you the strength and accountability to stick to your budget! I love me a good budget! xo