While this month may not look revolutionary on paper, it was a month I dare so I will look back on in years to come as a 30-day period that changed the direction of our lives. Here’s the thing about plans, they change! Kyle and I have some big news to share with you this month that didn’t show up in my annual plan and could even be called a wrench in the plan → Keep Reading.
If you read my January Review Post you may have caught the little teaser I mentioned in paragraph three.
“Over these past few weeks we’ve been welcoming in our new students while simultaneously welcoming in an unexpected twist in plans (more on that to follow). January taught me that sometimes even the best plans get side-tracked, they get interrupted, they get changed.”
So here’s the news! ??
We are moving … to Minnesota!
That’s right! This born-and-raised Southerner, bring on the humid, summer-lovin, sunshine soakin girl is moving to basically Antartica. I tease, but really. It’s such a long story so I’ll keep it brief. Kyle got a job offer he couldn’t resist. We are so very thankful for this new opportunity and while I’m so proud of this hunk of a dude there have been more than a few tears shed. This has all happened very quickly (in the matter of weeks in fact) and just like that the month of February looked nothing like I thought it would.
As I share the progress on my February goals below I want you to think of the plans that have both come together and those that have completely fallen apart for you. Here’s what I’ve learned about goal-setting and intentional living—getting to the finish line is never as straight a line as we hoped. But when you keep your eyes fixed on what matters most, somehow you always end up exactly where you were meant to be.
So yea .. most of my February goals didn’t happen and a lot of things I never expected did happen. And though it may look like I’m completely off track to see those 9 big outcomes come together this year, I feel like I’m on track like never before.
Intentional living begins with purposeful planning.
Where do you want to go? Are your eyes still fixed on the end goal, even if the road has thrown some curveballs your way?
February Progress :
- Continue building morning & evening routine habit | Yes! Even though this month has been full of uncertainty and unknowns, it’s nice to control the things you can control. For me that’s getting up, having some quiet time and breakfast, getting to the gym, and then winding down with a good book before my head hits the pillow at night.
- Consistently exercising four days a week | Yes! I worked out with my trainer 3xs a week and added in 2xs of spin class! Saying goodbye to my trainer last week was definitely hard but I’m so thankful for the habits I’ve been building and will keep that going during and after our move.
- Meal-Planning even during a busy season | No! Yea, I didn’t do any meal planning this month. More like fly by the seat of your pants eating. Thank goodness for husbands that cook dinner while you’re simultaneously trying to work and pack your entire home.
- Write, Record & schedule all Q1 & Q2 content | Made Progress! I talked with my team and we worked it out for me to take off most of the month of March to focus on getting moved and settled in a new state / part of the country! Phew! Thank goodness for some amazing women here to keep things running on the business side. I have everything scheduled through March to make that happen. We also pushed back some of our launches (see below) to decrease my workload leading up to the move.
- Prep Blueprint at Home relaunch | No! We decided to push this back and not open doors for Blueprint at Home this month. We plan on opening up this personal finance course again in April or May. Jump on the waitlist if you’re interested!
- Finish personal tax prep & send to CPA | Yes! Phew! This one is a huge weight to get taken care of early. I’m thankful to not find myself digging through boxes trying to get tax ready.
- Blueprint Summit plans well underway in preparation for April ticket sells | Made Progress! Sadly our venue for Summit fell through in February so we went back to square one on this one. But I’ve added to my March goals to continue making calls and get the essential information : location, dates, speakers well underway even while on the move!
- Sell out 2018 My Blueprint Year planners | Yes! It’s been so so exciting to see this new product out in the world.
Memories Made :
- Visit best friend
- Say goodbyes to Chattanooga friends
- Say goodbyes to family
- Visit MN & house hunting
February Features :
March Goals :
- Book flights for summer travel & speaking events
- Close, transfer and/or open new accounts once we get moved.
- Redesign / Prep My Blueprint Year 2020 (Team to complete)
- Prep Blueprint at Home launch for April (Team to complete)
- Secure location, dates, & speakers for Summit 2019
- Spring Cleaning Class Sale (scheduled & ready)
- Close on Chattanooga House
- Update Payroll, Licensing, Business Accounts after move
Create Memories March :
- Celebrate Kyle’s first day at his new job. Make him feel special and loved.
- Decorate for Spring
LEARN MY EXACT STEP-BY-STEP ANNUAL PLANNING PROCESS : MEET MY BLUEPRINT YEAR
How are you planning to finish the first quarter strong in March? Share in the comments below and I’ll pick one of you to send a special surprise box of goodies from past live events! Snail mail is my favorite! And so is staying accountable to our goals!