If you hang around here long enough, you’ll know how much our baby girl is obsessed with books! Lately she’s been climbing into bed with me in the mornings while I sip coffee and journal, daddy brings her a pile of books to read. It’s the sweetest mama/Madelyn time. So, naturally, I have loved picking […]
If you hang around here long enough, you’ll know how much our baby girl is obsessed with books! Lately she’s been climbing into bed with me in the mornings while I sip coffee and journal, daddy brings her a pile of books to read. It’s the sweetest mama/Madelyn time. So, naturally, I have loved picking out seasonal books to celebrate holidays throughout the year!
To keep books fresh and exciting we actually rotate books in and out. This is another reason I love seasonal/holiday themed books. I bring them out once a year and it makes for a really fun tradition!
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I wanted to share some of our favorite “Valentines Themed” children’s books and some I’m adding to her valentines goodie box this year!
1.Little Blue Truck’s Valentine. We love the little blue truck series. The valentines book might just be mommy’s favorite ;).
2. Love from the Very Hungry Caterpillar. This is such a cute book in the Carle Eric collection. I love all the illustrations.
3. Bunny Roo, I love You. One of Madelyn’s very first books. It for sure has a special place in my heart. We used to read it almost every day. Get it, it’s so precious!
4. You’re my little Cuddle Bug. We have several books by Nicola Edwards. They are all so cute!
5. Wherever You Are: My Love will Find You by Nancy Tillman. Nancy Tillman books are so beautiful. We love the size, weight, and feel of the board books without the accidentally torn pages of paper. They are beautifully illustrated and so lovely.
New to Our list This year:
6. Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton. We have several other books by Sandra and they are all so cute. Moo, Baa, La la la is hands down our favorite!
7. Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse. We haven’t tried any of the “mouse” books yet so I’m excited to see how MJ likes this one!
8. Llama Llama I love you. We were recently introduced to the Llama Llama books and little missy is obsessed. We have I *think* the OG in the series Llama Llama Red pajamas and currently read it nightly. So fingers crossed, she loves this valentines themed edition!
9. How Many do I love you? I’m not familiar with this author but this book caught my attention. I love a good counting book and Madelyns loves books with animals, so I’m hoping this book is a hit!
10. Tiny T Rex and the Perfect Valentine. Because, why not?!!! So cute!
Enjoy sweet snuggles with your little Valentine this year!
What’s your favorite Valentines Day Tradition?
February 1, 2023