Have you ever felt it was impossible to be heard amongst all the social media noise? Are you tired of being constantly connected but fear going quiet would mean being forgotten? Do you feel like you’re trying to make every moment into an Instagram worth moment and exhausted by it?
In November of 2017 I sat down with Christina and Reina of Creative Empire Podcast and got real about my social media free journey.
Listen : Episode 166 : Creative Empire Podcast “How my business survived without social media.”
Some of my favorite quotes from this podcast include :
- This was a journey to find a better way to do marketing.
- Stop worrying about trying to get big, and instead focus on loving and serving your people well.
- I got so tired of feeling like I had to scream to be heard that I just went silent. And I think when you do something like that, people start to listen.
- Roots grow slow, weeds grow fast.
Going social media free for eighteen months turned out to be one of (if not the) best decisions I’ve made for myself, my family and my business. My goal was to learn more about marketing (which I can confidently say I have) with an unexpected bi-product of self-confidence, contentment and trust.
Tune into the entire episode : Episode 166 Creative Empire Podcast “How My Business Survived without Social Media”
A few highlights include :
- Parameters I set for my year off social media free (1:16)
- My very first aha I had when I left social media (2:30)
- The first steps I took to start expanding my marketing reach (3:30)
- Being constantly booked came back to this one thing (4:45)
- You need to hear this if you’ve ever considered a social media detox (5:58)
- Why did I decide to go social media free? What was I hoping to get out of it? (9:58)
- What I wish people would focus on instead of putting all their energy into Instagram (13:45)
- I caution you against this … (20:49)
- I wish everyone would do this instead of Instagram in their first year in business (23:50)
- The one marketing strategy that has always worked for me “The power of One” (24:30)
- How my business grew so quickly (30:14)
- Must-Have, Practical Fundamentals every business needs to focus on. If you don’t listen to any other part, listen to this! (33:00)
- How to fast track your business & build a true fanbase (39:00)
- You don’t have to do it like everyone else! (41:00)
- Is the Blueprint Model for you? (42:30)
The resources mentioned include :
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Have you ever felt social media was a “necessary evil” for your business but stay connected out of fear?