Hi my name is Shanna and I LOVE podcasting. Guys, this interview with Davey Jones of the Brands that Book podcast is SO good! I’m sharing FIVE common money pitfalls and how to avoid them. I think you’re going to relate so much to this conversation with Davey and get some strategies you can implement immediately to start seeing more cash in your bank account!
We all get into business wanting to make money but quickly we get hit smack in the face : understanding our money is difficult not to mention not very black and white! When to save it? When to spend it? Where to spend it?
In this podcast, We cover some major hot topics such as :
- How to develop a healthy perspective about money
- Exact steps to take with your money when starting your business
- Five common money pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Remember that dream you envisioned as you were launching into entrepreneur land? Let’s get you back on track toward that (and off the overworked and underpaid hamster wheel!)
A few highlights include :
- My story and how I found my calling through curiosity (2:40)
- How I started talking about money in an industry that tends to avoid the conversation (4:45)
- How i found my first clients and how I got started on my own (6:50)
- Shanna, the floral designer 😉 (8:15)
- The moment I found my calling (8:55)
- The key to getting started is just to start (10:05)
- Problems that plague all small business when their getting started (11:15)
- Pitfall #1 : Cash Flow Problem (12:20)
- Pitfall #2 : Misunderstanding Costs (12:45)
- Pitfall #3 : Unproductive spinning wheels (13:30)
- Pitfall #4 : Not spending with intention (15:30)
- How I plan my finances year to year and then stick to it month to month (17:44)
- How to get started with your own spending plan (20:22)
- Shanna’s Pricing Formula! (22:40)
- Pitfall #5 : Emotional Pricing (26:10)
- What is margin, exactly?! (29:55)
- How I use numbers to keep me focused (36:10)
- Why I left social media (38:30)
- Defining enough and developing a healthy money mindset (41:00)
- The ONE TAKEAWAY I want you to hear (45:00)
- Where should a new business owner start with money : (hint!) Setting a Sales Goal (45:20)
- Resources to help you feel in control of your money and stop worrying about your finances (47:55)
- How to work with Shanna! (50:00)
The resources mentioned include :
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What is your biggest pain-point about money?
ADD YOUR COMMENT
Jump in on the conversation, we read each and every comment!
And if you found this helpful, share with your friends!