It’s no secret, I’m a big fan of seasonal decor. In a world that feels so fast paced, I’ve found that taking the time to intentionally mark a season with a change in decor or family traditions (no matter how big or small), makes the time pass more slowly. In my goal setting course, My Blueprint Year, I include seasonal bucket lists— called “Make Memories” lists— with some of our seasonal family traditions. A few of our favorites for the Holidays include : Daily gratitude list in November, Cinnamon rolls Christmas morning, and New Years Eve Annual recap.
I am all about finding ways to relish the present moment and for me seasonal decor helps mentally prepare me for the season ahead. I also love how pulling out a $20 pillow or $3 Christmas plate feels significant and stirs nostalgia!
Here are a few of my favorite Holiday Decor finds for 2022 as well as past favorites I still love!
1) $4 – I’m convinced you cannot go wrong with a little decorative plate and for $5 or less a little pop of Christmas all around the house! I have used them in the past for a spoon rest in my kitchen, jewelry tray on my bathroom vanity or layer with other decor on a coffee table or console. This little Christmas tree decorative plate was a new purchase this year and I love it! The quality is great, especially for the price.
2) $63 – Kyle’s mom has a ceramic Christmas tree she made in ceramics class years ago. I admire it every year. So when I found this ceramic Christmas tree dupe on Amazon this year I of course had to buy it. I cannot wait to put it out this year!
3) $48 – This welcome mat is an absolute must for all Home Alone fans out there! I’ve had it for a few years now and it has held up so well. I find that these types of rugs do shed so I store them in the original box out of season. I also layer a flat weave rug under mine.
4) $20 – This is hands down my favorite Fall/Winter scented candle “Cardigan Climate” and I also love supporting small businesses. The shop owner, Katie, is so sweet and used to live in Tennessee so GBO! Yall buy them up, you won’t be disappointed. I give these a lot as client gifts and if you come over to my house it’s likely one is burning (no matter the season!). 8 oz glass jars are my go to.
Related : Support Small Business Holiday Gift Guide 2022
5) $134 – I purchased this Merry Christmas metal sign years ago from a wholesale company. My sister has been trying to hijack it from my house ever since! I love that it has a versatile style—can pull farmhouse vibes but also fit really well with our modern french country home in duluth and now our more modern traditional home in Tennessee! Snatch it home from Target, I really love it!
6) $18 – This velvet ribbon is absolutely gorgeous! I use it to tie bows on my indoor wreaths as well as uplevel my Christmas wrapping! It would also look beautiful as decoration for a tree. I bought the 1”-25 yds in 143-khaki color.
7) $24 – My name wouldn’t be Shanna Skidmore if I didn’t share at least one coffee table / cookbook / decorative book on this list! As with seasonal pillows, my coffee table/cookbooks switch out seasonally as well! #extra! This is a new purchase this year and I’m so excited about it. One, because I want to start a tradition of baking Holiday goodies with Madelyn and two, our neighborhood is doing a cookie swap this year! The images are beautiful and recipes are simple, plus it’s pretty on my kitchen shelf!
8) $90+ – The Willow Tree Nativity set is absolutely gorgeous. It’s a bit of a splurge but something I love displaying each Christmas. This is a great base set to start with and add to over time. The three wise men set is on my wish list this year.
9) Last but not least, you know I would not leave you hanging without sharing my seasonal pillow haul this year! I love that these pillows look much more expensive than they actually are. I take out the inserts and use down feather inserts (from ikea!). This elevates the quality even more plus makes storing so much easier (just the case, not the bulky inserts!). Ps. All of these pillows mix and match so well!
– $17 – This tiny Christmas tree pillow is so cute
– $22 – I am loving this new line with Studio McGee. The fabric choice looks so high end. I got this patterned tree pillow in the green colorway and love it.
– $22 – This Christmas tree pillow is also so cute.
– $30 – Loving this oversized lumbar pillow!
10) $23— The cutest, seriously… the cutest gnome cookie jar I have ever seen! Buy it! You won’t be sad.
I hope these decor pieces help you create a little magic in your home this Holiday season!
November 6, 2022