In lieu of chocolates, here’s what she really wants for Valentine’s Day! A Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for all budget ranges!
- To sleep in, uninterrupted! Speaking for all toddler moms, to sleep in sounds wonderful! Bonus points for bringing a hot cup of coffee and breakfast in bed! $Free$
- A Date Night in! It doesn’t have to be fancy to make us feel loved. A relaxing night at home where we don’t have to do a thing sounds wonderful! Take out around the table + quality family time answering a few questions from this book of questions. A romcom (I like this one) and a bottle of Prosecco once the kiddos go to bed. Sounds like a perfect evening to me! $25+
- A Photo Memory Book! We are nothing if not sentimental! About ten years ago I started making a family “yearbook” each Christmas with our favorite memories from the year. We love looking back at these albums and remembering. This would be a sweet practice to do each Valentines day as well. I like the softcover books in 8×8 size from Artifact Uprising. $30 + a lot of time!
- A Subscription to her favorite magazine! Make her feel loved all year long with a magazine subscription! I love my Magnolia Journal subscription. $20
- Date Night out! Get a babysitter. Give her time for a hot shower, to actually do her hair and makeup and head out for a date night just the two of you! For a lowkey date night, Kyle and I stop for a fancy coffee and head to our local used bookstore to browse. A new coffee table book makes my heart happy! It doesn’t have to be “fancy” to be special! $15+ (depending on childcare needs).
- Girls Day / Night Out! Galentines for the win. Send her out with her favorite girlfriends for all things girly : nails, pedicures, and dinner. $25+
- Try a New Family Activity. I’m really loving the idea of a cooking class at a local cooking school. I search local blogs for ideas or events on Facebook in your local area! $30+
- A massage!!! Surprise her with a relaxing day at the spa. $150+
- An overnight trip just the two of you. Last year Kyle and I planned a trip to Asheville NC for Valentines Day just the two of us. It was our first time leaving Madelyn which was hard but was so good to have just us time. $500+
There you have it fellas! What she really wants this Valentines Day. It doesn’t have to be expensive or fancy, just thoughtful!