It’s no surprise that I have a special place in my heart for small business owners. It’s why I do what I do everyday, to help others make their dreams of owning a business a reality. Owning and running a small business is not for the faint of heart, I know I don’t have to tell you that because I imagine most of you reading own your own business or are dreaming of doing so.
That’s why I am so excited to share a few of my favorite things from small business owners around the world. While I do not have the honor of working with all of these companies, many of them I have met through my programs or working 1:1 together. I hope some of their goods make it under your Christmas tree this year!
- I met Brenna a few years ago while I was speaking at a small retreat in Texas. She is kind and smart and full of heart. She shared more of her story on Ep. 10 of Consider the Wildflowers podcast. Her company, Elly & Grace, creates Christian apparel that Brenna designs herself. I am currently loving this Joy Nativity tshirt and this Jesus + Hot Cocoa hoodie!
- Don’t be mad, this candle made every gift guide this year but for good reason. I keep these candles stocked at my house and often send them to clients and students as gifts. Cardigan Climate is my favorite scent, I burn it year round! 8 oz, glass jar. Ps. Look for Big White Yeti’s owner Katie sharing her story on the podcast coming in Q1 of 2023! Yee!
- I just purchased my Curious Year Calendar from my student Kait Saunders’s shop, A Little Something Goods, and I’m so excited about it. You can read more of Kait’s story in our “money makeover” student spotlight series. I love the mission of her company to help others celebrate well and I cannot wait to use her curious year calendar in 2023!
- I recently discovered these little embroidery kits and I’m so excited to try one. I’ve added the wildflower kit to my wish list this Christmas. I also love this Christmas Tree kit.
- I met Evelyn, owner of Evelyn Henson Art, a few years ago when she took my course, The Blueprint Model. It has been a joy to watch her business grow and flourish. Her work is joyful and happy and like a drop of sunshine. From children’s books to planner stickers, her shop has so many wonderful products to choose from. I’m currently loving the wrapping paper and these state tea towels. Knoxville is on my wish list this year!
- I love these little 2023 desk calendars from Michelle Boyd Art and Anne Temple Studio. Something fun to put on your desk this year plus totally a business expense write-off *wink*.
- Sarah owns Free Reign Bakery, an allergen friendly bakery based in Knoxville, Tennessee. After years of suffering from food allergies but not willing to sacrifice her sweet tooth, Sarah set out to create delicious allergen friendly treats that didn’t lack on deliciousness! And now you can bake her delicious recipes at home with an assortment of baking mixes. I don’t just say this because Sarah is my sister in law, these treats are delicious! You can hear more of Sarah’s story on Ep. 15 of Consider the Wildflowers podcast.
It was so tough to narrow down this list to just a few, I want to shout out all the amazing people I have the honor to work with from the rooftops. Supporting a small business owner is so special and I believe it makes each purchase even more meaningful!
Thanks for loving on my friends, students, clients, and other businesses I admire. I hope you love these products as much as I do!
Ps. to meet more of my amazing students and see the wonderfulness they are putting into the world, check out our “money makeover” student spotlight series on the blog!